Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wyatt's Surgery

Wyatt had to have surgery on Wednesday. He had a blockage in his right ureter. So they went in and cut it out and repaired the ureter. It was the longest 2 and a half hours ever! He had to stay in the hospital for the night and we have a tube coming out of our back that is helping everything heal. The people at Primary's were great! He is doing great! Here are some pictures of the day.

As we were checking in Grandma was keeping him entertained so that he didn't realize he was hungry!

Here he is in the hospital gown!

He was actually pretty happy for not having food!
Grandma and Grandpa were with us. I know I couldn't have done it without them!
Still waiting to go in for surgery!

After surgery with Grandpa Lee
All done and hanging out in our room! My Aunt Becky and cousin Katie came to see us along with Robert parents and Robert sister Eliza who works as a nurse at Primarys.

Finally a bottle!!!

After the surgery he did not want to sleep this was finally at 2:30 in the morning!
The next morning all free of wires and IVs!
We had to lock him in the crib because he wanted to get down and play!!
Our friends Lacie and Terrel brought us dinner one night and Wyatt some balloons and a book!! Thanks guys!

Here we are four days after surgery other than the tube and stitches you wouldn't know I had surgery!

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I am so glad everything went well. I bet the no eating thing was really hard!

Krista said...

I'm glad all went well. Your Wyatt sure has a cute smile.

It's so fun to see your mom and dad with him... I think they've fallen in LOVE.

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

WOw too bad our boys surgeries weren't on the same day...the waiting is the worst part!

andrewandshawnawhite said...

I am glad everything is ok:-> And I am sure the little guy is back to his normal self he is a QT...

rachel holste said...

I am so glad everything went so well... It's so hard to see our little ones go through things like that. Thank goodness they don't remember. I'm sure you are glad you got it behind you.
By the way Wyatt is darling and is getting so big. Seriously lets plan to get together soon!

Hansen Family said...

he is so cute! i am so glad things went well