Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fire!!!

On Monday my school started on fire! Wyatt and I had gone down to school to do some work. When I got there I headed down to check my box and I started talking to Megan(a fellow teacher and friend) . We visited for awhile. We then checked our mailboxes on our way out Megan shut the door to the faculty room to keep her little boy out. We were then standing by her classroom for about 10 minutes and we heard popping and other noises. We wondered what it was! After a few minutes the secertary started yelling fire. What a scary feeling we both took off! I headed up to my classroom away from the fire to grab my carseat and keys. When we got around to the front of the building flames were coming out!






For the most part the flames stayed in the faculty room. There is a lot of water and smoke damage to the rest of the building. My classroom has mainly smoke damage but we have not been able to go in to see the complete damage. We are now waiting for the decision on what is going to happen and to be able to go in to our classrooms!! I am so thankful that Megan and I did not go in to see what the noise were!!

5 comments:

Hansen Family said...

Crazy! i am glad you got out ok. sad for poor G-ville elementary

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you were there. We were at Swimming lessons and heard about it, so Katie instantly texts you. I'm so glad you and Megan and all the kids were safe:) How scary, I hate fires ever since Dean & Beatrice's house burnt down when I was in 3rd grade. I hope it all works out and that you haven't lost everything. Let me know if I can help you out with anything...

Jami & Boys said...

that is totally scary! i'm glad you made it out safe and no one was hurt!

Shannon said...

Wow that is dramatic and scary! I am glad that no one was hurt!

Stacy said...

I was watching the news that day and wondered if it was your school they were talking about. Then I saw you on the news! You are famous! ;o) Glad you are ok!